Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Messy. Dirty. Hair.

hiiiiii guys! You might already know me, but I'm Kelly & I write a Fashion & Lifestyle blog called Messy.Dirty.Hair., where fashion is an art & imperfections are beauty. Messy.Dirty.Hair isn't just your normal blog, it's a movement comminited to staying natural & feeling secure in ones own skin. As we say around my blog, Embrace the Mess. 
Fashion has always been a huge part of my life. From selling to merchandising to styling. I have worked it all. I love it & couldn't imagine myself doing anything else. We are always hearing about the latest trends & styles, letting us know whats "in" in the fashion world, but today I am here to touch on a few fashion no no's. Everybody, even me, has been a victim of a fashion emergency. So over the years I have gathered together a few guidelines that I like to follow when shopping & picking out what to wear to avoid becoming a victim of a fashion no no.

*My Top Ten Fashion No No's* 

1.) Don't Wear White After Labor Day - summer is over, put it away until next year. 
via
2.) Red Lipstick is Not for Everyone

via

3.) Don't Wear Heels you Can't Walk In- really though, wobbling around while you walk is not a good look & most likely you will trip & fall
via
4.) Too many Animals Prints all at once is an Over Kill


5.) Just Because It's 'In' Doesn't Mean you Should Wear It - for example prints on prints

via

6.) Wearing Designer Clothes Does Not Make You Stylish 

via





7.) No 'Matchy Matchy' 


via




8.) Too Many Accessories all at once is an Over Kill - Less is always more
via
9.) Tops that don't Completely Cover your Behind when Wearing Leggings - leggings are not jeans

via
10.) Trying to Make it Fit aka Too Tight Clothing

via

So those are just a few of my fashion no no's. I hoped they helped a little bit when cleaning out your closet for the new season! And come by Messy.Dirty.Hair. sometime & say hello! 
........................................................
 
now you ladies better go say hi!!
Kelly also has a amazing project going on called The Messy Project. Where five girls wear the same shirt but make it there own...read more about it here!!
 
I hope you ladies have a great day!! show her come love!
xoxo
manda

12 comments:

  1. I agree with just about all of these - I think white after labor day is ok though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2-9....couldn't agree more.

    However, being from TX, where the temps are in the 90s through mid-October, I never follow the "no white after labor day" rule.

    Rebel with a cause...what can I say?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with these except for the white after labor day :)

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything but I do think you can wear white year 'round if done properly. And of course there's "winter white"!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a chain link necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3 OUCH! and I completely agree with #9.. I don't care if you have a cute lil ass we don't wanna see it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha!!!! Love this list....But I do have to disagree with #1. I say rock the white pants all year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it kell! i agree with them all fully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with all of them except #1 and #7. Love wearing white all year round. Plus, I love matching :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it all - but I refuse to put away white after labor day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the no matchy matchy rule. I'll be the first to admit that I was a super matcher in high school and even in college. Looking back, I realize how BORING it really is to match perfectly. I love nothing more than to spice it up a bit these days :-)

    http://hopefaithandblessings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love Kelly!! However...I do NOT agree with #1. I happily enjoy my winter white. Whether it be my winter white peacoat, my white windbreaker 'Nantucket' jacket, or my sassy white and silver dress that is great for New Year's type shindigs. I will never go crazy with too much animal print, too many prints in general, and I always cover my ass, but if I want to wear something...I don't always play by the rules ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey there Amanda! I'm in love with your blog! Congratulations on your wedding! I almost wore a maggie sottero, and your is absolutely gorgeous! I just found your cute blog and added myself to your followers! I'd also love to let you know about a fun Betsey Johnson Giveaway I’m having! I know you're probably super busy now, but I’ll leave a link below just so you can stop by sometime in the future if you have time:):)

    thanks so much lady!
    Xo, Emily

    Freckled Fox - Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear whats on your mind! I read every comment and it makes my day!!