Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Fit Food Friday!

So I dont have a picture for the recipe I posted today but wanted to introduce you to my sisters and mom! TODAY is my youngest sister's birthday ;-) Happy Birthday to Jess!


This picture was actually taken three years ago I think? oh well...lol. we need more family pictures! from left to right...(i'm the oldest of three) me, my mom, jess (youngest) and Rachel (middle child).


NOW...for the recipe!

I love finding healthy recipes! I found this recipe for low fat Cinnamon Coffee Cake a few years ago at Allrecipes. Another fav place to find recipes! I hope you enjoy…my fiancé absolutely loves this (and so do I!). Its great warmed up or just out of the oven! AND the best part…it’s LOW FAT!!

Low Fat Cinnamon Coffee Cake!

½ cup butter
½ cup apple sauce
2 cups sugar
1 cup of Egg Beaters (equals to 4 eggs)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups non fat sour cream

For Cinnamon Mixture
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (up to you…my fiance doesn’t like walnuts so I don’t use them)
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
½ cup regular sugar
½ cup light brown sugar


Directions

1.      Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 10 inch tube pan. (I use a several loaf pans or a 9x13 pan…depends on if I am giving them away!)
2.      In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, applesauce and 2 cups of the sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla and the eggs one at time beating mixture well after each egg.
3.      Combine flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and combine well. Add half of the sour cream to the mixture and combine well. Repeat.
4.      In a small bowl…Combine ingredients for the cinnamon mixture.
5.      Spoon 1/3 of the batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with 1/3 of the walnut mixture. Repeat layers two more times.
6.      Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 70 minutes or until center is done.


ENJOY!! and so glad today is Friday!!

4 comments:

  1. :) Now i feel like baking lol


    soooooo :)
    i have some news for you ...



    TAG YOU ARE IT !
    :) you are featured on my blog today
    I hope you have fun doing it,
    can't wait to read it :)


    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND MY LOVE! <3


    xoxo
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, beautiful family, and GREAT recipe! cake = win. low fat cake? win-win, i think! :) thanks for sharing, will definitely be giving this one a try! happy friday to you, hope you have a great one! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you lucky thing having so many sisters :) My younger sister and I are sooo close and I always wonder what it would be like without a sister (terrible of course!) but you have lots :) Family is so important so its great to see how close you are. Im going to have to try this recipie too - I loveeee anything coffee and am big in to healthy recipies to so its a perfect mix! Thanks for sharing.

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear whats on your mind! I read every comment and it makes my day!!