This picture was actually taken three years ago I think? oh well...lol. we need more family pictures! from left to right...(i'm the oldest of three) me, my mom, jess (youngest) and Rachel (middle child).
NOW...for the recipe!
I love finding healthy recipes! I found this recipe for low fat Cinnamon Coffee Cake a few years ago at Allrecipes. Another fav place to find recipes! I hope you enjoy…my fiancé absolutely loves this (and so do I!). Its great warmed up or just out of the oven! AND the best part…it’s LOW FAT!!
Low Fat Cinnamon Coffee Cake!
½ cup butter
½ cup apple sauce
2 cups sugar
1 cup of Egg Beaters (equals to 4 eggs)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups non fat sour cream
For Cinnamon Mixture
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (up to you…my fiance doesn’t like walnuts so I don’t use them)
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
½ cup regular sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 10 inch tube pan. (I use a several loaf pans or a 9x13 pan…depends on if I am giving them away!)
2. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, applesauce and 2 cups of the sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla and the eggs one at time beating mixture well after each egg.
3. Combine flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and combine well. Add half of the sour cream to the mixture and combine well. Repeat.
4. In a small bowl…Combine ingredients for the cinnamon mixture.
5. Spoon 1/3 of the batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with 1/3 of the walnut mixture. Repeat layers two more times.
ENJOY!! and so glad today is Friday!!