Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Banana Pancakes



So as you guys may or may not know…we have been trying to eat healthy and clean!
I struggle with snacking at night so that is my current battle…that’s a whole ‘nother post tho…

I just feel so much better when I eat clean…no processed foods weighing me down.
Don’t get me wrong…when the weekend comes…it’s a little more tough to stick with that but we are trying!

I wanted to share with you guys some awesome CLEAN pancakes! And so easy to make!

I call them…

Chocolate Coconut Banana Pancakes

Ingredients (makes 4 small pancakes):
2/3 mashed banana (use left over for topping)
a scant 1/2 c oats
1/8 to 1/4 c shredded UNsweetened coconut(if you don’t like coconut…use oats)
1/4 c egg whites
1 BIG tbsp. applesauce (or greek yogurt)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp cocoa powder (for the chocolate sauce)

Directions:
Mash banana and add all other ingredients…mixing well.
Pour 4 small pancakes onto griddle.
Believe they are small and you want them to be so it is easier to flip.
Cook on med-low. Prob about 3-4 minutes…maybe more? Then flip.
Be careful when flipping!

Mix your cocoa powder with water until a runny consistency and sweeten with your choice of sweetener…I think I used splenda that time.
Nutrition Info for all 4 pancakes (roughly):
350 cal, 50 g carbs, 15 g protein, 6 g fat



QUESTION:
Since I am having trouble snacking at night…what tricks do you guys use to keep from snacking???!!! I def want suggestions so I can try them out and report back if it worked!

Have a great day!!
Xoxo
manda
Oh and I extended the bracelet sale! Since you guys LOVED it so so much yesterday...All single minis are still $10!! Visit Chloe vs Tank!

12 comments:

  1. Those look so delicious. I can't believe they are so healthy! Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I have the same problem with the night munchies. I feel like something then I feel so sick. I do know from past experience though, that if I go cold turkey for a few days and allow NO after dinner snacking, I fall into the habit super quick and have no desire to snack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make banana pancakes similar to these! LOVE them! I usually make them every weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so good! I think I will try them this weekend :) as for snacking at night, I love it too! I try to make myself have fruit or vegetables but lets face it, not always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i try to have flavored water! fills you up and tastes sweet! Just squirt some Mio in there and your boring water may be a lil sweet treat?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i gotta try these!!! I do snack at night, i have too... i usually will have cottage cheese & scrambled egg whites or sometimes an apple and peanut butter:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound amazing!! Making them this weekend for sure! And I am so, soooo bad at snacking too....I don't know why...I man, I'm not even hungry but after dinner I just start eating all kinds of random stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look so yummy!

    I find that if I stick to the no-snacks rule for a bit it becomes automatic. Also: brush your teeth and use a really minty mouthwash! It helps me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you can buy it http://www.charmjewel.com/2-broke-girls/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear whats on your mind! I read every comment and it makes my day!!