Don’t lead the bland life…
We’ve been there and done that.
Its soooooooo boring….let me tell you.
And it gets old REAL fast.
Take a little time out of your day here and there to find healthy recipes. Your mouth….AND your family will love you for it.
The MOST important tip I can give you….is to eat the correct sized portion….typically 25-30 g protein and 25-30 g carbs is good for breakfast, lunch or dinner (give or take a little).
REMEMBER…You may be eating a healthy dish but If you eat 3 whole servings (when you should only be eating one serving)….you’re defeating the purpose aren’t you?! YES!
Now on to these super yummy Banana Muffins! I found the original recipe HERE. I adapted the recipe to what I had on hand and it worked out just fine!
We ate these with breakfast (accompanied by eggs and turkey sausage).
ONE serving is ONE Muffin
(makes 12 regular muffins – 1 muffin = 150 calories, 20c, 7f, 2p)
- 1 ½ c flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas peeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with liners
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Make a hole in the center of mixture and add the eggs, coconut oil and syrup. Mix until it comes together and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas. Fold the mashed bananas into the muffin batter and distribute into the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake until the muffins begin to brown and toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center…about 20-22 minutes