Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Total Basset Case!

Hola For Love of a Cupcake readers!

I am Sarah from Total Basset Case and
I am so honored to have been sponsoring Amanda's lovely blog this month!



Hi!

I have a super yummy and 'girly' recipe for you today!
My friend, Pam, sent me this recipe.
I've talked about Pam here and she continues to send me the most fabulous recipes.

I made these Tuscan Chicken Cakes for the Mister and I a few weeks ago and we loved them!
They are very similar to a crab cake, but, you guessed it, with chicken.
I think these would be perfect for a luncheon, a shower, atop some whole wheat pasta or on a salad.

Tuscan Chicken Cakes
2 cans (12.5 oz each) chicken, shredded (I used a couple of boiled chicken breasts)
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs, divided
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 egg lightly beaten
¼ cup prepared basil pesto
2 tsp honey mustard
1/3 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers, drained
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
2 Tbl olive oil



Golden Aioli
½ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbl honey mustard

Pesto Aioli
½ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbl prepared pesto



Prepare both aioli flavors in separate small bowls. Whisk together
the ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.



In large bowl, mix together chicken, ½ cup bread crumbs, mayo,
egg, pesto, honey mustard, roasted peppers, and red onion. Using
1/3-cup measure, shape chicken mixture into 8 cakes; refrigerate
for 2 hours. Remove from frig and lightly coat each cake with
remaining ½ cup bread crumbs. In large nonstick skillet, heat
oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden
brown, about 3 minutes per side; drain on paper towels. Serve
with both of the aioli toppings.



Enjoy!

Let me know if you try these out!

And feel free to stop by and say hello to Floyd and I!
blog  l twitter l facebook l instagram


p.s. I am hosting a giveaway when I reach 200 followers...
I can't wait to reveal what it will be!

.........................................................

Thanks Sarah!!
ok...so this looks super yummy!! I may need to try this over some pasta!


Sarah always has great recipes on her blog! I've actually tried two or three now and a couple have even made it to my weekly rotation!!


now go show this lady some love! you will love her!! and you'll love her adorable basset furbabie!


the week is almost over ladies!
xoxo
manda

7 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! I'm definitely going to have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing, I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here from Sarah's blog! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having me over today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying these for sure. YUM.

    Tab
    my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. o.k. hosting out of town guests this weekend, I think these will be on the menu now!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear whats on your mind! I read every comment and it makes my day!!