Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mom's Apple Cake Recipe

Hello!!

As promised...today I am giving you the best recipe EVER!!!!

My Mom's apple cake recipe.



This stuff is so yummy and perfect for any occasion.
It's also great for breakfast...warmed with a side of coffee!

This is a MUST try...I am not even kidding.
You will be addicted.

ok...now that I'm done drooling on my keyboard...here it is!

Mom's Apple Cake

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder

2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 cups peeled & chopped Red Delicious apples (I used two very large)
1 ½ cups chopped pecans
Powdered Sugar to sprinkle on after baked

Directions:
Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder together in a medium bowl and set aside. Beat sugar and eggs in a mixer bowl until creamy. Add the oil and vanilla, beating until blended. Add the dry ingredients gradually and mix well. Stir in the apples and pecans.Spoon into a buttered bundt pan and bake at 300 degrees for 1 ½ hours. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Invert onto a serving platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

.....................................................


Please let me know if you make it! I would love to hear what you think!
This has me thinking of maybe creating a healthier version...hmmmmmmm.

Have a great day!
xoxo
manda
PS: two ways to win a Chloe vs Tank Bracelet
Via Facebook or Instagram! Directions on the site!


3 comments:

  1. This looks so good! Fairly simple to make, too- which is a HUGE deal when you're in a time crunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum! :) I need to start baking a bit more!

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com
    COME on over and enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! Definitely want to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear whats on your mind! I read every comment and it makes my day!!